Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Michael, The Schoolboy

Okay, students. Listen to me. I have a good story. The story is about a boy named Michael. He was ten years old. He wasn't a very good pupil. Why? Because he didn't like doing his homework. What did he like then? Oh, he liked playing in his leisure time. He liked football very much. Do you know why he didn't like doing his homework? Because he always made a lot of mistakes when he did it.

Well, one day, his mathematics teacher looked at Michael's homework and found that all his homework was correct. Wow, that's a good job! Of course students, the teacher was very pleased and surprised. So, he called Michael to his office and said to him, "Michael, you have got all your homework right this time. You're ding great. Well done, Michael. Did your father help you?"

"No, sir." Michael said, "Usually my father did it for me. But last night he was very busy. He had a meeting. So, he couldn't do my homework. Then, I had to do it by myself."

(Adapted from: Intermediate Reading Comprehension, L. G. Alexander)

No comments:

Post a Comment